Columbia, South Carolina
NEED SOME HELP…
Places to hold your engagement session
Baseball, FootBall Field
In The City, In The Country
Whether you call it Trashing or Cherishing Your Dress, I love capturing it all. So far with my goal to become a wedding photographer and shoot models in wedding gowns has been a success. I’ve done three ‘Trashes’ so far and I have a couple of sessions coming up in the next few months. My latest one took me to Schwetzingen Castle Gardens where I shot Jennett who was pleased to add Bridal Wear into her model portfolio. Here are the results:
Getting engaged is one of the most exciting times of your life. You call all your family and friends to share the news and from then on, there is the planning that takes place and ends from the very first step you take down that ceremonial aisle at a church, beach, botanical garden, restaurant, or any of the hundreds of places to get married.
We want to capture that excitement and show our friends and family that love that you have for each other in a fun, intimate way. So…. what should you wear and what should you expect when you have chosen that photographer to capture your engagement session.
Some of us have been there! We search through our closets and are suddenly unsatisfied with our wardrobes. We want more clothes and something new to wear for your photo session coming up. So I will tell you, the first and best thing to understand, is to be yourself. It’s always great to dress nice and dress casual and you shouldn’t have to rush out and buy a whole new wardrobe. But you never know, that outfit might be right there in your closet.
- If you love dressing up, than bring your heels, glittery dress, and make up! Make sure you and your partner are dressed in a similar fashion. Example: if you dress over the top, have him dress over the top too with a suit or some nice slacks. Suspenders are fun too! This will go perfect with a staged proposal theme. A blanket, with a couple of glasses of champagne, a picnic basket and your favorite flower sounds good, doesn’t it.
- If you like to keep it casual with an earthy touch, wear what makes you feel comfortable and we’ll head out to a park, or a playground, or a lake or whatever is your favorite place to go hiking.
- If you want to create a scene, why not dress like your favorite characters from a movie you both enjoy? Here is a link to an engagement session inspired by the movie, ‘The Notebook’. [http://greenweddingshoes.com/the-notebook-inspired-engagement-photos/]
It’s always great to be creative and have fun with us! We love coming up with ideas and love hearing what you have in mind. If you met at a coffee shop, than let’s go to a coffee shop and get your photo session done there! An ice cream parlor, the grocery store, a bookstore, a wedding party – we’ll talk to the venue. Let’s make it personal for you, so you both can be extremely happy with the result! Hope this little tip helped out and we can’t wait to create some fun photos with you!
Examples of movie inspired engagement session:
1. The Notebook
2. Sleepless in Seattle
3. An Alice in Wonderland Engagement Session – http://blog.laurenbrimhallphotography.com/?p=1222
4. Lady and the Tramp (now who doesn’t love the scene with the spaghetti)
6. Love & Basketball
7. Jumping The Broom – wedding